Infopic Contest at Mobile 2015
Monday, May 11th, 2015
An infopic is a photo with text layered on top that is designed to communicate a message. The message might be a summary, quote, definition, notes, data, weblink, or other informational tidbits. The information might come from a conference, workshop, activity, lesson, video, book, a conversation, etc. Infopics can help us process, remember, and convey information in an appealing way.
The process of creating an infopic forces you to listen to or read information and decide what is most important to remember and share. Learners of any age can make an infopic.
So don’t be shy — enter the Mobile Learning Experience 2015 infopic contest!
Participants are invited to share their learning by posting infopics from Mobile 2015. This is an easy and fun way to make sense of new content. Simply post your infopics on Twitter to enter! The grand prize for the top infopic is a Justand Go, a portable podium for your smartphone or tablet that doubles as a document camera stand. We’ll also have prizes for honorable mentions.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Photo is shared on Twitter with the hashtag #infopicazk12.
- Text font, color, and size are easy to read.
- The text on the photo shares a significant or surprising tidbit of learning.
- The photo was taken at Mobile Learning Experience 2015.
- There is an obvious connection between the photo and the text.
- The photo’s framing and text placement is pleasing to the eye.
- Infopic must be posted between 1 p.m. on June 10 and 12:30 p.m. on June 12.
- Extra Credit: The tweet mentions the app(s) used to create the infopic.
- Note: You must be present during the closing session to receive a prize.