The 2015 Mobile Learning Experience will be held in Tucson, Arizona at the Westin La Paloma Resort.
Westin La Paloma Resort
3800 East Sunrise Drive
Tucson, AZ 85718
Tel: +1 520.742.6000
Fax: +1 520.577.5878
Please contact Danae Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-577-5854 to book a pre or post stay at the Westin La Paloma. Please note that your pre/post stay will be linked to your accommodations that are being provided as part of your registration fee on June 10-11th once the rooming list has been provided to the resort.
From Tucson International Airport (16 miles, 30-40 minutes)
- Take Tucson Blvd. to Valencia
- Turn left onto Valencia and proceed to Campbell
- Turn right onto Campbell (which turns into Kino, then back into Campbell)
- Proceed approximately 14 miles to Skyline Drive
- Turn right onto Skyline Drive, which becomes Sunrise and right onto Via Palomita
- Proceed to the hotel entrance
This iconic resort is nestled on 250 acres in the high Sonoran Desert foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains and features picturesque mountain, city, and golf course views amidst stunning desert landscape and wildlife. The property features onsite dining to include AZUL Restaurant and Lounge, Sabino’s Pool Bar and Grill, Courtside Deli, and Espresso as well as a 27 Hole Jack Nicklaus Signature design golf course, six tennis courts, five sparking pools, fitness center, and a Red Door Spa. At the Westin La Paloma you’ll discover an experience with a singular focus: making you feel special every moment of every day.
Self-parking is complimentary.
If you selected Registration with Overnight Accommodations, a private room for the nights of June 10th and June 11th is included in the registration fee and your room is booked for you. If you are interested in extending your stay beyond what is included in your registration please contact the Westin La Paloma directly at 520.742.6000 and ask for the Arizona K12 Center’s Mobile 2013 group rate. Rooms and rates are based upon availability.
Explore the peaceful serenity and plush luxury of newly redesigned accommodations now featuring modern upgrades and the newest signature touches of Westin. Elegant tile floors welcome you into your haven, featuring the graceful lines of rich maple furniture, a soothing color palette of warm earth tones and soft, comforting textures. Relax in your private seating area. Indulge in the sumptuous bliss of your exclusive Westin Heavenly Bed. Open your patio doors and breathe in the clean mountain air. Refresh in the classic elegance of your bathroom, featuring natural stone and glass tiles, sophisticated granite countertops, and dual sinks as well as a separate shower and an oversize-soaking tub. Complete with blow driers, magnifying mirrors, Heavenly Rainforest showerheads, and Westin Heavenly bath amenities, our Tucson accommodation includes everything you need to start or end your day beautifully.
Guest rooms also feature complimentary wireless internet, unlimited local phone calls and long distance access (toll-free, credit card and collect calls), first two pages of incoming faxes, access to in-room safe, 42” flat screen television, spacious work station with connection panel, use of self-parking facilities, unlimited admission to the Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Center with regularly scheduled fitness classes, and complimentary shuttle service to La Encantada Shopping Center.
- Check in: 3:00pm
- Check out: 12:00pm
Westin La Paloma is located 16 miles from Tucson International Airport. The following transportation is available.
- One way transfer is $44 per person, $4 for each additional person in same transfer.
- Round trip transfer is $80 per person, $8 for each additional person in same transfer.
- 1.877.733.1849 or 520.733.1849
- One way sedan transfers are $55
- For more information on the taxi service click the following link: http://www.flytucsonairport.com/tucson-international-airport/ground-transportation/taxis/
- Tucson International Airport has eight rental car agencies onsite, click here for more information: flytucsonairport.com/tucson-international-airport/ground-transportation/rental-cars.
Perhaps you are interested in extending your stay in Tucson or venturing off-property in the evenings to explore the area.
- La Encantada Shopping Center (Complimentary Westin shuttle)
- Sabino Canyon
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Biosphere 2
- Old Tucson Studios
- Pima Air and Space Museum
- Mission San Xavier Del Bac
Here are some helpful links as you explore Tucson: